DongDo Middle School

Monday, 10 May 2010

World Travels!

This week, we are talking about the different countries in the world. We started by watching Stride Gum's Where is Matt video.
Then, the students learned general facts about each continent (minus Antarctica) and played "Where in the World is Susan Teacher," where they guessed the location of various photos. Finally, students shared what they learned and talked about a place they would like to visit. Here are some of the answers that I found interesting! :)

Class 2-9
???: I want to go to Australia to dance with kangaroos
오명석: I want to go to New York to study hard (written like a true Korean student)
강하윤: I never knew that there are pyramids in Mexico too (referring to Teotihuacan)
박정은: I never knew that Korea is totally invisible (haha no its not!)
임창훈: I want to go to Japan to watch anime, meet Soralhi teacher (?)
Seo Chang Hee: I want to go to London because I know there are many gentlemen

Class 3-5
우진협: Today, I learned that Susan has countless boyfriends (untrue!)
김동연: I never knew that Songnisan is so beautiful
I want to go to Chile to hit (칠래...?)
Koo Jin Hyun: I want to go to Salzburg to see the place where the movie "the sound of music" started

Class 1-2
신채영: I want to go to England to see Sherlock Holmes museum
송재환: I want to go to Spain to see tomato festival (=La Tomatina)

김동욱: I want to go to Africa to see I-t zombie (hmm... I don't remember talking about this...)
채지영: I want to go to Barcelona to see thiefs (I mentioned that several of my friends were robbed in Spain..)
Son Jin Jo: I want to go to Paris to eat Paris baguette (you can do that in Korea! ^^)



Class 1-5
이영주: Today, I learned that Susan teacher went to many countries (not quite what I was asking, but a valid answer nonetheless...)
이서현: Today I learned that Thailand's king looks like my uncle (haha)


Class 3-3
고혜찬: I want to visit Peru to see Machu Picchu because it has a great historical mystery.
백민욱: I want to go to America to eat hamburger (I think you can eat hamburgers in Korea...)
Lee Chang Young: I want to visit Batican (Vatican) to see how small the country is.

Class 1-1
채금비:I learned that Songnisan is in Korea (...really??)
이장민: I never knew there is such a good company to send a guy all around the world to dance.
안형준: i never knew that you can't cure AIDS

Class 2-2
장무헌: I want to visit Argentina because beef is cheaper than pork (interesting...)
박정은: I want to go to Italy to see handsome guys ^^
손지수: (I want to go to) America, because my favorite character lives in America (Twilight series, Edward Cullen)

윤준혁: I want to go to Salzburg to eat some candies.
김태우: I learned that the world is bigger than my mind (deep.. I like it!)
김민지: I want to go to Salzburg to see Mozart's house.

Class 1-7
이민제: I want to go France to kick the Eiffel Tower (wow...)
서민지:I want to go to Scotland because James Mcavoy is from Scotland

2 Comments:

  • At 16 May 2010 at 00:17 , Blogger Dongdo said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 16 May 2010 at 00:21 , Blogger Dongdo said...

    Grade 1, class 4, JinhoJoe
    I agree with 1-1 이장민's comment. I want to apply to that company so I can travel all round the world and I also can dance funnier than him.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home