American Geography

Last week, we talked about American Geography! We started by listening to Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA." In the song, Miley moves from Nashville to Los Angeles in order to become a famous pop star.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA
The idiom of the day was "I never got the memo" which is the same as saying "I didn't know that."
We then talked about the different regions of America: the Northeast, Midwest, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest, Alaska, and Hawai'i. Most students were most interested in the "food" section, and I apologize to all my fourth period class students who had to look at pictures of delicious apple pie, fried chicken, and Mexican food right before lunch :)
Finally, the students had a chance to answer this question:
"If you could live anywhere in America, where would you live?"
Some student responses were:
"I would live in the Northeast, because I want to go to Ha-ba-di (=Harvard)"
"I would live in Seattle, so I can meet Jae Bum."
"Oh, you will go to his house?"
"Yes, I stalker."
"I would live in Alaska because I will live in an igloo with Sarah Palin"
"I would live in Hawaii because there are sexy girls on beach"
Conversely...
"I would live in the Southwest because there are handsome muscle man on the beach"
:D
Questions:
1. Did you enjoy the music video? Who would you like to listen to next?
2. Where would you want to live and why?
3. Have you visited America before? Where did you go and what did you see?

2 Comments:
At 9 April 2010 at 17:28 ,
My daily life:) said...
grade 3, room 4, SeyeounLim
i would like to live in Australia and Newzealand again. not america! cuz, i haven't visited America before. so i don't know lots of things about america. but i know about NZ and Australia alot. and i wanna meet my friends and talk one another:) oh... i have to go to study... cuz every dongdo students have a mid term next month..... anyway... CYA!
At 11 April 2010 at 08:10 ,
Dongdo said...
grade 1, class 4, JinhoJoe
I want to live in New York. I've never been to America but i've seen thousands of pictures of America, so I want to feel its culture of my own(?). I want to see the busy "Newyorkers". I respected(?) them since I heard about and saw them.
PS. I love the song.
I want to listen 'New York, New York'-Frank Sinatra.
Teacher, please allow me that I did it on time.
I'm really sorry.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home